Subscribe: Omny | iTunes | Stitcher | Overcast | Spotify| Youtube|Facebook| RSS
The future of marketing is personalisation, which means the businesses who can personalise marketing at scale will increase their conversions, and ultimately win more business.
Whether you’re running paid ads, email nurturing email campaigns, or even cold emailing, personalising your message is going to get you much better results.
In this episode of Marketing From The Trenches, I speak with Nik Thakorlal from Leads Hook about how marketers and business owners can use software to personalise their campaigns and achieve better results. Be sure to tune in to the whole episode for a more in-depth discussion about the topic.
About Nik Thakorlal (2:39)
- Background in banking.
- Grew family business from 7-figures to mid 8-figures rapidly.
- Uses an analytical and numbers based approach to business.
- Grew a business to over 150 employees.
- Firm believer in the importance of the vision helping everyone to work towards one goal.
Traditional Marketing vs Online Marketing (6:39)
- Nik’s business was still using traditional methods, such as TV, radio, billboards. Mistakes were expensive! Sometimes hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Understood the importance of testing, so studied the world of online marketing.
- Thinking of products like stocks
How a Tree Decision Works (9:53)
- Before selling a product, you need to understand who the client is and what they need.
- There can be over 50,000 data points per customer.
- Use multiple message types to filter prospective clients.
- Each answer takes the potential customer down a different path.
- Use the answers to find out who your real target market is, based on data.
How to Use a Decision Tree Data (15:47)
- Use the data you receive to find out where ad spend is failing to bring in sales.
- Make decisions on future ad spend based on analysis.
- If you’re a small business, go micro and get ahead of your competition.
- If you’re in a hyper-competitive market you can go macro because the numbers are bigger.
- You don’t have to use all of the data, but just using some of it will put you ahead of your competitors.
Decision Trees Change How Lead Magnets Operate (18:04)
- The problem with traditional lead magnets is the consumer doesn’t know the value until after they have consumed the content in the lead magnet.
- Traditional lead magnets often don’t explain how to use the information.
- A decision tree helps compress data down to a handful of bullet points and an action plan for the consumer, in real time.
- A decision tree provides clean data, as the answers provided are used to create the personalised lead magnet.
What Equipment Do You Need To Start A Podcast? (25:35)
- Webcam – Logitech C920 or C922, or Logitech Brio.
- Microphone – Audio Technica ATR 2100.
- Recording video – Zoom.
- Recording Audio – Audacity.
Note: This is a bare-bones approach that, at the time of publication will cost around $200AUD.
How Do You Edit Each Episode? (28:01)
- Recording the episode is the easy part, editing it well is the most important step.
- Someone needs to adjust and balance the volume, and run a high pass over the audio.
- Use a syndication platform such as Omny to distribute each episode across iTunes, Spotify, Google, Stitcher, and more.
- Create ‘show notes’ that tell a potential listener what the show is about. Create an image thumbnail with the title of each episode.
What Are The Best Ways To Reach New Listeners? (31:02)
- Recording video is the simplest way to stand out from the crowd.
- Make trailer/teaser snippets for social media, then link to the full episode.
- Publish each episode in full, natively, on platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- Boost each episode to your target market.
- Retarget to people who have already consumed your content.
- Only feed traffic into your funnel from people who have consumed your content.
How Can You Grow A Podcast Organically? (38:00)
- Invite industry leaders to be a guest on your show.
- Reach out to other podcast owners and pitch them to be on their show.
- Use guest appearances on other shows to build backlinks to your website.
- Look for big names who are launching a book, as they will want to appear on shows to talk about their book.
- Stack all these approaches (even stack paid and unpaid) on top of each other to create even more leverage.
If you are interested to learn more about how your business can personalise your marketing efforts at scale, then visit https://www.leadshook.com/ for more. See you in the next episode!