Almost all startups have difficulty positioning themselves and their products on the leaderboard, especially if they have big and dominant competitors. Questions like “How can we stand out?” and “How can we beat our competitors?” come to the minds of novice entrepreneurs. So with limited budget and resources, how can you attract potential clients and convert them into leads?
In this episode of Marketing From The Trenches, I will be giving an overview of how you can make your company stand out from the rest. Be sure to tune in to the whole episode for a more in-depth discussion about the topic.
How To Tell Stories (1:23)
- Get creative and innovative with sales talk.
- Consider the following factors: practical copywriting, incorporation of psychology, and stating what your business could offer.
- Incorporate examples in the market and weave them into a story.
- Let your clients understand, trust, and like you and your products or services.
- Create human-centered stories to make your clients want to do more business with you.
How To Approach The Market (2:13)
- Small businesses can never outplay the leading and dominant competitors
- Consider how can you go against them?
- Change everything about your company?
- Modify the way you talk about yourself, your customer, and team.
- Apply the three-point principle to build connections, authority, and trust.
- Give focus on empathy, on yourselves, and the customers.
- Appear more genuine and approachable.
How To Position Yourself In The Market (11:56)
- Traditional sales talk:
- The benefits of their products or services,
- Tax minimisation
- And possibly less costly and time-consuming operational processes.
- To carve yourself a high position in the market: go against the traditional way.
How To Write Your Copy (12:58)
- When writing your copy, consider the three-point principle, the market, and the common enemy. Your competitors are your common enemies.
- It is vital to effectively show how and why you are different.
- This includes a reason for starting your business, the inefficiencies of other leading companies, and how your business can rise above your competitors in the most cost-effective way as possible.
If you are interested to learn more about how your company can stand out from the rest, then do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to share my experiences and insights about marketing to help you and your company grow.
Visit https://growthlabz.com. I look forward to answering your questions. See you in the next episode!